Wednesday, August 21, 2013

#Eurafrica2013 || Hot, Cheap & Beautiful!


Let me just say... I LOVED Southern Spain.

Unfortunately we were only able to make it to one city: Seville.
(From my research Toledo, Granada, Cordoba, Malaga and Gibraltar are all great places to visit too.)

I think one of the reasons I loved it so much is because it seemed more authentic, quaint and not quite so busy/touristy.



We rented bikes for the morning and it was the best decision we ever made. We were able to pedal all around city and see a lot in a short amount of time... with a nice breeze and no sore feet!



My two favorite sites were:

1. Real Alcazar
This place was AMAZING. The architecture was unlike anything I've seen. (Students under 25 only pay 2 Euros. Regular is 8.75. But worth it!)











2. Plaza de Espana
This is most definitely my favorite plaza in Europe. It was decorated with bright colorful tiles on bridges, light poles, and all around the building. The combination of the water with the architecture... something about it just captured me.

 






Oh, and Kyle & Christopher got interviewed on Spanish TV. The reporter asked what gifts they would bring back from Spain and he said, "Lemon Fanta." haha probably not what she was looking for. 



After our city exploring, we biked back to hotel and relaxed by the pool. Because IT WAS HOT. I could barely stay out of the water for 5 minutes before I was overheated and my body was completely dry.



In the evening, we went on a quest for Tapas. We were confused at first because Kyle and Dave told us about some amazing Tapas/6-course meal they had in Barcelona. But the Tapas we found in Seville was more like a few free appetizers when you buy a drink. Eventually after some searching (and utilizing Kyle's Spanish skills), we found one place with a "real" menu and actual items to choose from. We selected lasagna, meat roast, and meat wrapped with bacon. It was pretty good... but if I were to do it again, I would just go with the more authentic Tapas and do the drinks + free appetizers instead.


Our hotel in Seville was also amazingly nice. For cheaper than some of the hostels we stayed in, we got two separate rooms, real air conditioning (not fans in windows), and really great service.

I would definitely love to return to Southern Spain again!

2 comments:

  1. Ok. My question is HOW DO YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN EVERY PHOTO?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh my. Stop it. This day was the worst! Luckily that shirt hides all my sweat and the sunglasses hide my face!

      Delete