Since Husband had already left for work when I took my first pregnancy test, he wasn't there to find out the news. I found out just a short time before I had to leave for work myself, but I knew I had to tell him ASAP. I texted him that I wanted to have a lunch date. And then I had about 5 minutes to think of some creative, cute way to tell him. So I picked up this Wal-Mart onesie (not my favorite, but I was desperate) and decided that I would put a Chipotle burrito inside of it and wrap it in a "to-go" bag.
Those 3 hours before lunch were the longest of my life!
While I was driving, the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri came on my iPod. Of course, I cried. It was a really special moment and matched our situation perfectly.
As Husband opened the bag, I recorded the whole thing on video. (My excuse was that Chipotle did something really funny to my burrito.) At first, he thought that they were giving away free shirts for the biggest burritos and then he realized it meant something else...
I also included the FOUR positive pregnancy tests because I knew he would need proof. He was definitely VERY surprised and happy! I would share the video... but I hate my voice, so this photo strip is good enough :)
When I got back home, you can bet the last thing I wanted to do was work. So instead, I did a self-timer photoshoot, checked out a dozen books at the library, and started making lists...do's & don'ts, super foods, banned foods, stuff to buy, name options... so many lists!
When Husband got home from work that night (around 9:30/10pm, like usual)... he brought me some beautiful flowers! If you know me, you know that I don't usually like flowers, but he assured me that he spent less than $3 on them and I was super proud of him (and happy!) It was such a sweet gesture of love. I can't wait to see my Husband transform into a father.







AHH I love this and totally almost cried! So happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!!! :)
Delete