Monday, November 18, 2013

He Will Never Work a Day in His Life

Husband loves his job coaching football at Denison University. This year he worked with the offense, coaching running backs, tight-ends and special teams. He has definitely learned a lot during his first season... which surprised me because I assumed he knew everything there was to know about football.










I've also learned a few things. It takes A LOT of hard work and time to be a college football coach. And you MUST love football more than anything else in the world. Not only are you spending 12-15 hours a day planning, strategizing, breaking down film and running through plays... but when you're not at work...you're still analyzing and learning from the other teams in your conference, teams in other divisions, and even pro-teams.

To put it simply: football never ends. 

His team did really well this year and ended up with a 7-3 record, which is the best they've been since the 1980's! The games were really fun to watch. And it was even more fun when my family came to cheer on the Big Red with me.










I made it to 8 out of the 10 games. My favorite was this away game... a double overtime win against their big rival!



So although at times I think I might go crazy with all the football mania... seeing my happy, fulfilled husband and hearing him frequently say, "I love my job!" even after an 80-hour work week, makes it all worth it.




Go Big Red! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment