Cal & I decided to make this special collage for Father's Day. I'd say he was pretty cooperative for only being 7-weeks-old and not having control over his arms.
I also realized that my baby is growing quicker than I realized. I thought this 0-3 month outfit was too big, so it's the first time he's worn it and it's already almost too small! And someone should tell Ralph Lauren that overalls with no snaps on the bottom are ridiculously stupid for babies. So he will probably never wear it again. Good thing we got photos in it!For Dad's special day, he & Cal made a father-son project together. I think it turned out pretty cute. I love having this memory of how tiny his feet are in comparison.
But since Chris really is a SUPER dad, he held him, comforted him, and helped him feel a little better. Somehow, he even got our sick baby to smile. I don't know how he does it! I could say so many more great things, but instead, I'll let Calvin do that...
Dear Dad,
When I wear this onesie that says you are SUPER, I really mean it.
Thanks for taking care of me when Mom was recovering. You changed my diapers, gave me baths, and even woke up with me in the night.
Thanks for holding me when I had my lip muscle removed. It hurt so much. But I felt braver because you were there.
Thanks for reading me the Foot Book every morning. It's my favorite. But probably just because I get to hang out with you.
Thanks for playing with me. I like Mom... but she gets boring after awhile. Baby bench presses are so much fun. Your wink faces, chin tickles, and really quick burp pats always make me smile. (Also, don't tell Mom, but I love our risky tricks, like upside down carseat, Superhero shoulder time, and the one-handed sit balancing act. We make a great team! Mom freaks out too much and just needs to relax.)
Thanks for swaddling me so cozy and bouncing me to sleep on the yoga ball. I love falling asleep in your arms.
I know I'm difficult sometimes. Like when I get cranky and cry for no reason. Or when I have really stinky poop. Or when I spit up on your shirt... or your sheets... or your face.
But just know that I love you, Dad. My favorite place in the whole world is perched on your arm. (Unless I'm tired, then my second favorite place is sleeping on your belly.) You are my best friend. I'm a pretty lucky baby.
Happy First Father's Day!
Love,
-
Calvin


No comments:
Post a Comment