So my cute friend Niki does this thing called "Happy-Crappies." You post things that have made you feel happy or crappy lately. I love reading hers and it sounded fun so... here we go!
Happy:
Crappy:
Happy:
- Those random days when I hear a babbling baby, look at the clock and it's 8:00am! (My previous self would laugh at this joyful celebration of "sleeping in 'til 8.")
- Finally getting a new phone! Now I can actually take photos without getting the annoying storage error & it doesn't freeze/crash out of apps every 5 seconds. So grateful. (And also impressed that my old phone lasted SIX years.)
- TWO baby consignment sales in one week! I sure love finding cute baby clothes/shoes/toys/books for cheap.
- Diet Dr. Pepper was on sale
- Re-doing our living room. It's so refreshing to have something new to look at!
- Watching Cal bounce w/ flapping arms in his Jumparoo. Makes me laugh every time.
- Vinyl Silhouette Cameo crafts projects. Customized onesies are the best!
- My favorite season: sumautumn. Crisp 60-degree air mixed with lingering summer sun. The first few leaves changing color with pops of red, orange and yellow. Boots, scarves & leggings. Ah perfection.
- Slobbery, open-mouthed baby kisses
- My pre-baby jeans are too big! All thanks to breastfeeding! + Carrying a 20-pound carseat everywhere (Also, that whole "eating for two" thing is way more accurate now. Some days, I think I eat for 3 or 4...)
Crappy:
- Not realizing that the weight range suggestion on the box of diapers can be inaccurate, which leads to lots of "crappy" situations (hah) and extra stain-removing loads of laundry.
- Both of our cars breaking down. Repeatedly. (+ Feeling embarrassed because that excuse starts sounding like, "my dog ate my homework" after the 2nd, 3rd & 4th time...)
- Invasion of stink bugs, spiders, creepy crawly pincher bugs, etc.
- Finding a huge stash of size 2 diapers when your baby just started wearing size 3.
- Eating dinner alone every night because... football season (aka: life of a coach's wife).
- Those random days when baby decides he doesn't want to sleep. Or play. Or snuggle. Or anything. He just wants to whine. (Hurry up, Wonder Week.)
- Hospital bills
- Finally getting 3 loads of laundry done! Then realizing I never put soap in... all 3 times. Make that 6 loads of laundry.
- Although getting a new phone was a BIG happy... the process was a BIG crappy. I literally felt like my life was a Samsung commercial. Since I pre-ordered my iPhone and selected store pickup, I imagined I would walk in, pay for it, and walk out. hahahahah, silly me. So I stood in that ridiculous line (with my giant stroller) for over an hour. Then once I got in the store, the phone set aside for me wouldn't ring up due to some crazy serial number problem that no one could understand. So they kept escalating the issue up until it reached some big shot regional manager (which the worker told me almost never happens)... anyway, long story short, I had to wait over 4 hours for them to fix the problem, requiring me to leave and come back twice and it was just one huge headache!
So... there we go! My first happy-crappies :)
But in all honesty... I'd take a million crappy days, as long as I get to stay home and spend them like this:
I loved this! Love reading about the day to day things. And that Calvin could not get any cuter. Sierra is a lucky lady ;) thanks for playing along!
ReplyDelete