This past weekend I visited my parents in northern Ohio. I packed A LOT of things... but not my video monitor. And I quickly realized how much I missed it.
I am 100% sure I have "paranoid first-time mom" syndrome. Probably about 10+ times a day I have a thought like, "You should check on him. Something might be wrong." And of course I have to listen, because the one time I ignore it, something actually will be wrong and I'll never forgive myself. So a video monitor is a MUST because I can just take a quick peek at him, see his chest breathing, and then go about my day.
Then there's a few times, like early in the morning or before/after naps that I like to see if he's actually sleeping, or just zoned out staring at the monitor, or to see if he might fall back asleep.
Also... I just love to watch him sleep. It was one of my favorite things when he was a newborn and now that he sleeps in his crib (and puts himself to sleep), I don't get to watch him very often anymore.
He usually falls asleep on his side, sucking his thumb. Then eventually he rolls onto his back with his arms up or out. And then somehow during the night he usually rotates around. He can't crawl and doesn't like to roll so I'm still not sure how he does it. But there was one time he rotated a full 270 degrees! hah. Such a crazy babe.
And lastly, the one thing I love more than watching him sleep, is catching sweet little glimpses like this...
I am 100% sure I have "paranoid first-time mom" syndrome. Probably about 10+ times a day I have a thought like, "You should check on him. Something might be wrong." And of course I have to listen, because the one time I ignore it, something actually will be wrong and I'll never forgive myself. So a video monitor is a MUST because I can just take a quick peek at him, see his chest breathing, and then go about my day.
Then there's a few times, like early in the morning or before/after naps that I like to see if he's actually sleeping, or just zoned out staring at the monitor, or to see if he might fall back asleep.
Also... I just love to watch him sleep. It was one of my favorite things when he was a newborn and now that he sleeps in his crib (and puts himself to sleep), I don't get to watch him very often anymore.
He usually falls asleep on his side, sucking his thumb. Then eventually he rolls onto his back with his arms up or out. And then somehow during the night he usually rotates around. He can't crawl and doesn't like to roll so I'm still not sure how he does it. But there was one time he rotated a full 270 degrees! hah. Such a crazy babe.









Watching baby sleep is my favorite too! There is just something about their little angel faces when they are sleeping. Such cute pics :) (And I LOVE the daddy moments...)
ReplyDelete