A few days before my birthday weekend, Chris informed me that he had a surprise for me, if I wanted it... A getaway to Las Vegas!!! I thought about it for awhile because it would be a long drive for just a 3-day weekend. But I decided I wanted to be spontaneous and crazy, after all... I was turning 21!
On our way, we made a stop in Provo for Chantelle's house warming party. It was great to see her and Emily was there too! I love them =]

Then, early the morning of my birthday, we woke up and started the trip to Vegas. We even stopped at Burger King so I could have my favorite tater tots.

Then we made sure to stop at Spoon Me in St. George because I got a free half-size frozen yogurt because it was my birthday! I loved it!! The fresh fruit was sooo delicious.

Finally in the afternoon we arrived to a cloudy Las Vegas, but the 60 degrees still felt nice compared to snowy Utah!

At Casesar's Forum shops, we found a really cool fish tank that even had a sting ray inside!

Then for dinner, we went to Applebee's and I got another free treat- an ice cream sundae.. yum!

I loved these lips on the wall inside our hotel, the Tropicana.

And this was our great view of the Vegas strip:

And here I am... so excited to go skydiving!!!

We were so excited to find out our shuttle to the skydiving place was a limousine!


The limo ride was interesting because they gave us our waiver to fill out... which basically said, "Sin City Skydiving is not responsible if you injure yourself and jumping out of a plane to parachute down, may result in death...but you can't sue us." haha, this made for a very interesting ride! I began pondering my decision and wondering whether my 21st birthday... would be my last! But overall, I was just excited!

Here is our little plane...


All geared up and ready to dive!!

Skydiving has always been a dream and goal of mine ever since I can remember! I had hoped to go on my 21st birthday, but never actually expected I would get to!

It was definitely one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life! I can still remember sitting on the edge of the plane with the door open, looking all around me at the desert, the mountains, the clouds and the itty, bitty cars below me on the highway. I had a few random thoughts, like wow I'm crazy or why did I do this- but before I knew it, my tandem jumper said here we go and started free-falling 120 miles per hour!
I screamed with joy and felt like a bird just floating. I felt really light and care-free. It was something I had certainly never felt before! Then the parachute opened and it felt like I wasn't moving at all. The guy let me control the parachute and we did a few circles and tricks. I also looked up and saw Chris jumping out of the plane, dropping like a rock. His free-fall went a lot longer than mine and I was so scared his parachute would never open. But it did, he made it safely and I landed with a plop, on my butt. I felt such a rush of adrenaline and happiness- it was well worth the money and I'm so glad I didn't chicken out, because I would have missed out on one of the greatest experiences on my 21-year-old life! (We also got video coverage of our jumps and they should be arriving in the mail soon!!)

Chris felt really great too. He loved skydiving and even said, I think I'll skip medical school and be a skydive instructor! (kidding, of course) But we did both agree it was indescribable and would definitely do it again!

After we got back to the strip, we did some exploring around the casinos and shops. We found this is a GIANT slot machine!!

And we had to eat at In-N-Out to complete a perfect day! Burgers, fries and a shake never tasted so good!

The next day, we were having so much fun in Vegas... we decided to stay an extra night in the Sahara!



I even got to wear my new hat & scarf that my parents sent me for my birthday =]

It was a such a fun weekend and I can't imagine spending my 21st birthday any other way!
No comments:
Post a Comment