Monday, July 12, 2010

Classic Logan Sunday

One of my favorite Sunday activities in Logan is feeding the ducks at 1st dam. Sometimes they freak me out, because they aren't really scared of people and get pretty vicious for a small piece of bread. (Like when Lacey & I went running and one of them squawked and chased us angrily). But anyways- Chris & I had fun relaxing in the sun.



















PS. On a side note- I've been thinking about communication lately... just the idea of it and how everyone is so different. I really enjoy dissecting and analyzing people- trying to figure out why they act certain ways, what bothers them, how they deal with it... I often wonder whether people learn communication style from their parents, whether it's repeating how their parents interacted or doing the opposite. It's all fascinating (maybe I should be a psychologist?)

So in light of all these thoughts, here's one of my favorite quotes:

"Seek first to understand, and then to be understood."

This is one of my weaknesses. I often fail to listen because I am forming thoughts of how to express myself or share my side...when it would be a lot more helpful if I would devote ALL of my brain to listening.

That's all my deep-ness for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment