Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little motivation

I still can't believe it. This weekend I will be running a MARATHON. It's funny though, after all my training 26.2 miles doesn't seem as far as it used to. I feel confident and prepared...like I really can do it. But despite this, every now and then I still have fears and doubts. Here a few quotes that inspire me and give me courage:

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win."- Sir Roger Bannister (this one has been my laptop screen saver with a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge for the past 4 months)

Then of course WHILE I am running is when I need the most motivation, so here is a playlist of my top 13 songs to run to for the marathon:

1. Misery Business - Paramore
2. Watch Me Shine - Legally Blonde Soundtrack
3. What a Wonderful World - The Ramones (Best Re-make EVER)
4. Mountain High - The Temptations
5. I Decide - Lindsay Lohan
6. Reach for the Stars - S-Club 7 (haha, old school, I know)
7. Five Minutes to Midnight - Boys Like Girls
8. Soundtrack of Your Life - Ashley Parker Angel
9. No Reins - Rascal Flatts
10. Yeah! - Usher
11. Change - Taylor Swift
12. Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard (mostly since we'll be running by the ocean!)
13. Cute Without the E - Taking Back Sunday

Of course this will not even be close to filling up 5 hours worth of music, but hopefully I wont need that much :) Lacey (my running buddy) & I have a goal to maintain a 10 minute mile pace which would clock us in around 4 hours and 25(ish) minutes. I imagine I may be a little slower than that, just because of the horrible hills I've heard so much about... but we'll see.

Mostly my overall goal is just to cross the finish line in under 6 hours- otherwise you don't get a medal and are not an official finisher. I've trained for TOO long and too hard to not finish. I told Christopher that even if I had broken bones or torn muscles, I would finish the marathon.

Life Goal #13 Run a Marathon and Life Goal #52 See the Golden Gate Bridge soon to be COMPLETE!! Lacey & I also got new running tank tops to help us feel cute while we run, and I will also be wearing my lucky pink sports bra :) SAN FRANCISCO HERE WE COME!!....TONIGHT!!

2 comments:

  1. Good good luck. You are absolutely amazing. I don't think you'll have any problem finishing within 6 hours. Enjoy the view!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You are SO inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete