Monday, July 12, 2010

how 2 years feels

Being married for 2 years has felt like forever. I feel like I've known Christopher my whole life and we've always been together. But at the same time, I know that 2 years is nothing compared to the rest of our lives we have ahead of us.

Marriage is an interesting thing. Some people are scared of it, some people have dreamed of it their whole lives. You have those couples who have never had a fight and say things like, "I don't understand why people think marriage is so hard, I think it's easy!"Then you have the couples who scream and yell mean things at each other one minute and then cuddle and blow kisses the next.

And then you have Christopher and I- somewhere in the middle of an average married couple with disagreements & challenges... mixed with fun, happy, loving moments which make all the hard times worth while.

On July 11, 2010 we spent the day together- relaxing in the sun and fishing. The night before we went out to eat at Le Nonne, a delicious, fancy Italian restaurant and then to Sub Zero for a chocolate strawberry creations. On our anniversary, we went to 7-11 for free slurpees... luckily we saved our cups (b/c they ran out later) and we actually went back about 4 times...getting about 3 re-fills each time to add up to over 70 oz of slurpee! haha, it was a delicious day filled with wild cherry, pina colada, peach mango, Mountain Dew, root beer, strawberry lime, strawberry & the winning flavors: blue raspberry & banana. I'm so glad we got married on 7/11 :) Here's a few cute pictures from the day:
























PS.

Love you Christopher :) Thanks for being a great husband and especially for being so helpful lately. Thanks for doing the dishes, the laundry, cooking nice dinners, picking up the house, running my errands and completing my honey-do lists...even with a smile. You make me laugh and brighten my days. I'm so glad I married my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment