There aren't too many things I love more than a water park on a hot day. It's way more exciting than a pool and it's a lot more refreshing than a theme park. It was also fun because I went to this water park when I was a little girl, visiting my brother Matt & sister-in-law Becky in Utah. I got my picture taken by the big green dinosaur and the park looked pretty much the same, just a little older and smaller- but still just as much fun!
We met our friends Kevin & Tyler at the park (in Salt Lake) and ate some delicious Subway before hitting as many slides as we could.
My favorite slide was called Acapulco: you ride on a little mat and it feels like you're dropping straight down! It's such a rush! The lazy river was a blast & the bob sled ride was Christopher's favorite. He raced us all...and won every time! We later found out he was pulling on the railings at the beginning to give himself an extra boost! Tricky little competitor ;) While I rode the bobsled, I came off so fast and went a little out of control. My sled veered off the normal course and over the guide rope, right into the back of a swimmer! He had to get out of the pool and take a break for awhile because his back hurt so bad. I felt awful!!




I had a "T" holding my ball and I still

I also had an embarrassing moment while jumping off of a fake little cliff into the pool. I decided to be a little show off and do a front flip. Unfortunately, I have only been doing flips off of diving boards for the past 7 years and didn't really take that into consideration. To my surprise, I did a horrible back smacker and you can clearly tell it from the picture on the left:
haha, so I totally had to redeem myself by doing a back flip to prove I wasn't a total loser. Chris did a pretty sweet gainer and Kevin & Tyler went off the rope swing.
After our fun water park day, we were invited to go to the Bee's baseball game! It was fun at first, but then I got a little bored. Baseball is a hard sport for me to watch, especially since I don't even like to play it. When people ask why, I must inform them that I have been scarred since striking out every time in T-ball. Yes, that's right.
couldn't even hit it. My talent ends at whiffle ball.
So we decided to skip out early and hit up Red Robin, where we had an AMAZING waitress! I wanted a milkshake and she told me I should try her favorite, strawberry caramel. I thought, why not. So I tried it, but then decided I was in more of a chocolatey mood so she took it back and I ordered a mint milkshake instead. Then when it came time to pay the bill, the milkshake wasn't on our receipt. We asked her about and she said that since I was willing to try her favorite flavor, then I deserved a free one. I loved that girl!! And it reinforced my belief of always trying new things!! We also made it back just in time for the fireworks :) What a perfect summer day!
so totally jel. i love waterparks.
ReplyDelete