Monday, July 19, 2010

The Heat of Summer

It has been SO hot here lately!! For the past few weeks it has been in the 90s every day. I'm not used to this...but I decided I would totally take heat over rain any day. Logan summers really are the greatest!
We've floated/swam a river with our friends Sam & Savannah...

We spent a fun day at Lagoon, thanks to my job at Harris Research. It was company day so we got to go for free! We rode a lot of water rides and even rode all of the coasters we wanted. My favorite was The Rocket Re-Entry & Blast Off. It was so fun! It didn't make me sick, it wasn't jerky and it gave me that wonderful stomach dropping feeling that I just can't get enough of. Then Harris also paid for all you can eat dinner, including all you can eat ice cream!!! It was the best meal ever. I didn't eat too much regular food...but the push-ups, orange cream bars & crunch eskimo pies sure were tasty. haha... I totally love sweet things. Then they had Bingo with money prizes and Chris won $20! He is sooo lucky! I knew he'd win. He really loved the swings and bumper cars. Too bad they closed before we could drive them one last time :( Poor boy. But we did get to see a really cool acrobat show and found a ride with Curtis all over it! It was a fun day...and we actually made money by going! haha but out of all that, the moment I loved best was after riding the ferris wheel when Chris picked me a yellow flower and put it in my hair....awww, sweet.


















Another fun adventure we had was visiting Hyrum Beach.


We got some Quiznos and went on a scooter ride. All this time I had a sandy beach only 8 miles from my house and never knew it!! I sure would love to spend a day here, especially with a blanket, a nice book and possibly even a canoe. It's sooo beautiful and peaceful!!



...definitely my new favorite place

2 comments:

  1. It's been crazy hot here too! And we've had TONS of storms this summer. Definitely not a great summer, we've lost power 5 times. Grr!

    Glad the weather is cooperating in Logan tho! Your photos look like lots of fun.

    Good luck in the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was that your first time at lagoon?!

    and I know a place you could get canoe hook ups for Hyrum Dam!! :)

    ReplyDelete