
While we have mostly been keeping ourselves busy with school and work lately, we've made time for some fun things too. We took a trip to Salt Lake City for Chris to go to the Celtics v. Jazz game with his friends and for me to hang out with Chantelle and Emily :) We had fun catching up on each others' lives, eating at Zappo's and attempting to find a craft at Wal-Mart. I think it's so healthy for husbands and wives to have their own "boys only" and "girls only" time. We both had a blast with our friends and Chris even met a few of the Celtic's players.

Even though Chris didn't enjoy scootering in the big snow storm... it was PERFECT for skiing! Our company ski night couldn't have landed on a better day. The powder was at least up to my knees in some areas and while it totally freaked me out, I kinda liked it. And the best part was that it wasn't even that cold! I'd never been night skiing before- it was a really fun experience.



Then a few weekends later, I headed down to Salt Lake again for my friend Melissa's going away party. We grew up together in Wooster, Ohio and then both moved to Utah after high school. It was fun to see her again. She told me about a really beautiful hike in Salt Lake so I ventured out on my own for some exploring. The panoramic view of the valley was gorgeous! It was nice to have some quiet, alone time with myself, just enjoying nature and breathing really fresh air. It was much needed. I'm a pretty independent person so it's nice to have time to just hear myself think and get away from everything. Then later that afternoon, Melissa took me to a rock climbing gym in Sandy. I've been climbing a few times, but not for awhile. She taught me how to belay on my own and by the end of the day I wasn't even that scared when I got to the top! It was such a rush to accomplish a new climb and overcome a challenge. And as an added bonus...it's such a great workout! My hands and legs were shaking by the end. I loved it though because it was way more fun than a treadmill or lifting weights. I'm definitely going to try more rock climbing in the future... maybe even with some real rocks! Oh and PS... we didn't have a spring break trip this year, which was sad, but I'm glad I was able to work a lot to keeping saving money for the summer and Chris spent most of his time studying for the MCAT, so hopefully our wise, grown up decision to be responsible will pay off!
No comments:
Post a Comment