Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just the advice I needed

I'll admit, some days it's hard for me to focus at church. Especially now that I'm used to being a nursery leader- playing games, singing songs, eating snacks and having a 60 second lesson. But at the same time I appreciate classes more because I miss having that time to learn and grow spiritually. So my goal is to have one main take away every Sunday and apply it during the week.

Today, I really loved this quote:

"faith is  
not 
what we exercise to get what  
we want,
faith is an exercise to 
meet  
whatever lies ahead."


When I heard this, I realized that I misuse faith a lot. Instead of having faith in Jesus Christ and his plan for me, I often put my faith in myself and things working out the way I want them to. This isn't faith. But now that I think about it, having faith is really comforting. I don't have to worry about the future or feel scared, because I know things will work out how God intends them to.

On this note, I realized something else today. If God answered my prayers the way I wanted every single time, I would most likely turn into a spoiled child, unable to progress. The times when things don't go my way is when I am strengthened, become more mature and learn from my experiences. This is what builds character and makes me into who I am. 

There's my little bit of knowledge for today. Now for the real challenge... having this same mindset during the times when everything goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment