When I saw the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! I love the architecture. We tried to take "before" pictures of us in our white... but we didn't quite make it because people sure love to throw chalk on the newbies! I love learning about other religions, cultures and traditions and even better...participating. We shouted "Hare Krishna" and even witnessed the "burning of the witch." I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this, but it seemed very celebratory. I may have to do some research.
It was crazy when the chalk went up, first there were lots of bright colors everywhere, and then it was just brownish gray and I could only see about a foot in front of me. Thanks to whoever told me to keep my mouth shut... that would have been gross. (However my boogers are still pink, haha) I'm so glad I got to have this experience and that my friend Kim told me to drive right to the front because there's always close parking.
We saw people walking when we were still 3 miles away! Crazy. Also another tip, if you take your camera, don't worry about getting chalk on it, it's actually a breeze to clean. Just buy a can of air that you use to clean out computer keyboards ($4 at Wal-Mart) and the special electronic wipes ($1 at Wal-Mart). My camera is good as new! Please enjoy this array of photos and notice Christopher and Dave's classic pose below. I've taken this picture in about 10 different locations. So Special :)



I'm jealous. I got to go last year, but couldn't this year. So much fun!
ReplyDelete