Sunday, March 6, 2011

Countdown until June 4th!

 It's absolutely official. One-way plane tickets have been booked.
[We got an AMAZING deal at studentuniverse.com so if you are a student, you should totally check it out. It saved us about $250.]

June 4th at 9:30 p.m. we will be flying out of Boston, with a quick stop for 10 hours in Iceland (maybe venture out...) and then off to Frankfurt, Germany! There we'll spend a few weeks visiting family and traveling around. Then we will couch surf for awhile in Brussels until we find decent housing. And then, the reason we are actually going there: I will work for Obelis as a marketing director for 3 months.

I get so excited every time I think about it! I've been to Europe once before but only to Switzerland and a teeny bit of Italy. So this time when we go, I want to see as much as we can! We plan to travel on the weekends to nearby places like Amsterdam, Luxembourg, England, Ireland, France and Spain. And then maybe after my internship is done in September, we will explore Italy and if we have enough money... Greece :) But we'll see! One exciting thing I just realized... we could potentially spend our 3-year anniversary in PARIS! I'm not sure how my work schedule will be for that weekend, but it's possible. Either way, I know this will be an amazing opportunity to differentiate my resume and fulfill my dream of living abroad.

I've already started practicing my French.
Bonjour! Je'm appelle Natalie. 

haha, ok so I definitely need some help in that department. But I'm working on it! As a part of this post, I've included some cute artwork from a new favorite artist of mine: Tom Slaughter.

Also, if anyone has advice of where to go and what to do in Europe, please share! We are adventurous and love to try new things... ahhh, let the countdown begin: only 12 weeks left!

Au Revoir! 

3 comments:

  1. When you go to Italy definitely check out La Spezia and Cinque Terre. They were my favorite parts of Italy! Do
    The Lovers Walk in Cinque Terre? it's breath taking! And don't forget to bring a lock with you! And if you make it to Florence eat a waffle with cream for me! I had about 3 a day. I'm sure they are loaded with calories and empty carbs but they are soooooo worth it! There are little vendors everywhere. Ahh now I want to go back to Italy! It's the most beautiful country with the greatest people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! That will be the best time!!

    ReplyDelete