Sunday, May 8, 2011

3 Mothers

#1 - My Mother.

Since my mom has 12 kids, I feel so lucky that she spent the day with me! Like most people, I believe I have the most wonderful mom in the world and I love her so much! I'm so grateful for her friendship, her advice, her example and her encouragement. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I know I can call my mom and she will say something to cheer me up. Whenever I'm scared, I remember this quote she always told me: Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings while the dawn is still dark. I love my mother for her wisdom and the inspiration she is to me.




Also, check out the awesome cake my friend Lucie made... the perfect, tasty Mother's Day gift! (Check out all of her awesome cakes here!) We loved how detailed and cute it was... it was hard to cut and eat it! I'm glad we could enjoy this special day together. I love you, Mommy! Thank you for all you do and Happy Mother's Day!

#2 - My Grandmother.

My dad's mother, Grandma May Hansen, passed away today. Part of me felt guilty that he was out here with me, when he could have been at her bedside. She was 97 years old and while I feel sad that she's gone, I know she is happy. She was a wonderful mother to 4 children, two of whom are in heaven with her now. My grandpa is also there with her, so that helps bring me peace. My grandma taught me many things, like painting and the piano.  I still remember how delicious her sugar cinnamon popcorn was and how much I loved playing on the farm when we went to visit. I miss her sweet spirit and cute smile. I'll never forget her kindness and patience. I'm so glad I took these pictures at our family picnic this year. I will treasure them always.






#3 - Me, The Future Mother. 

I'm starting to get really excited to be a mom. I'm not pregnant, but I'm actually getting the stage where I don't mind thinking about it. I used to be really freaked out when I thought about having a child, but I'm slowly getting used to the idea. Whenever I see babies, I wonder what our children will look like. Sometimes I think about girl and boy names that I like and I'm obsessed with baby photography and cute little outfits. But at the same time, I know once we have kids our lives will change drastically. So I'm enjoying the moments I have with Christopher and I'm so glad we have had this chance to get to know each other and learn how to be married. I look forward to the time when I will become a mother and while I know it will be more challenging then I can imagine, I also know it will bring me the greatest joy.  We're not sure when we want to start our family, so whether it's this year or in a few years, I'm excited! Happy (future) Mother's Day to me!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Mothers are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motherhood is actually not quite as hard as you imagine it will be... because it's fun! :) and you always love your babies SO much! They are cute, and they smile all the time for no reason. Of course they cry... but typically all they need is a mommy hug, a diaper change, food or a nap. It's really not all that bad... and the good times are totally worth it! But enjoy the freedom to travel as you wish and party late into the night!

    ReplyDelete