Monday, May 16, 2011

Found Our New Home!

After literally MONTHS of searching...we finally found our new home! It's located in Belgium, in a suburb just north of Brussels known as Schaerbeek. It's only about a 15 minute train ride from our workplace, so that's definitely a plus! Belgium wasn't exactly my first choice of European countries to live in (some days I wished my internship was in Italy or Spain), but the more I research, the more excited I get! I love that Brussels is centrally located between England, France, the Netherlands and Germany. It will be so fun to travel around on the weekends and visit Christopher's family and meet some of them for the first time!



Here's a few pictures of our soon to be apartment. I can't believe we will be living here in exactly one month! I feel so LUCKY that we found this place because we are able to sublet it from a really nice lady who just happens to be going on vacation during the time we need an apartment. So we don't have to worry about furniture, dishes, or contract issues. Thank you CouchSurfing.org!!

I'm so excited for our new adventure to begin! But I'm also starting to feel sad about leaving Cache Valley. It's been my home (despite a few summers in Connecticut) for the past 3.5 years! The second longest since my 18 years growing up in Wooster, Ohio. Who knows where we will be after we come back from our adventure in Europe...but I think we are leaning towards Texas. The future is so exciting!

6 comments:

  1. Did you ever meet Fernando Ungaro while you were here? If you did you should ask him about things to do in Belgium, he lives there 50% of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, your future is much more exciting then mine. :) I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so incredibly jealous!!! It will be the best adventure! Can't wait to hear all the stories and be even more envious! And texas? that is so far away nat! stick to utah and come to SLC instead!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great an apartment! Belgium will be the perfect place! Great location for you guys. Ah I cant wait to hear all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo fun! Can't wait to read all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete