Today being one of my last Sundays as a Nursery teacher at church, it brought back some memories of when I was a little girl. I remember my favorite times was when they did the "Spotlight" and talked about one of the kids in Primary. They shared facts about this mysterious person and then we had to guess who it was. Then the Spotlighted person got to stand up and share something with everyone. I loved learning about other people and of course, I loved to be in the Spotlight too. I don't remember exactly... but I'm pretty sure this is how it went.
Ok, kids! Let's see who can guess the spotlight for this week.
This person's favorite colors are blue & lime green .
She has her own bug catcher and loves capturing fireflies and keeping them as pets.
She also loves playing outside and climbing trees.
She does sports including gymnastics, swim team, soccer and kickball.
She likes to wear stretchy pants, bucket hats & velcro sandals.
Her favorite movies are The Little Mermaid and The Lion King.
She often wears her hair in pigtails.
She has 12 older brothers & sisters.
She loves Spaghettios, Rollos, Cookies n Cream Hershey's Bars and Rootbeer Floats.
Her favorite animals are frogs & lizards.
Someday she wants to be an inventor and an author.
Her favorite church song is "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam."
Here's the mysterious girl!
I'm pretty sure people guessed it was me after the gymnastics and 12 older siblings. Then I walked to the front of the class to share my few little trophies and medals from competitions, my plastic lizard collection and my new book I wrote. I love looking back and thinking about all the strange things I did as a child. It's fun to see how part of me has been the same all along and probably always will be.

you are so dang cute i cant even stand it!
ReplyDelete