I saw this sign while I was at the YMCA...
This got me thinking about the definition of healthy and how it relates to our happiness.What comes to your mind when people say the word "health"? Common responses might be:
- eating the right foods like fruits and vegetables
- running, lifting weights & all forms of exercise
- body mass index, fat percentage
- losing weight
- essential vitamins
In general, when people hear the word "healthy," they most likely think of some combination of diet, exercise, and that "ideal" body they are striving for. But in actuality, it means so much more than that.
If you want to continue reading this post, visit my other blog: Life is to be Enjoyed. I started it a few years ago and then it died. But I really like the idea of having a place to write about inspirational topics that might be found by random people instead of just a personal/journal blog that is only semi-interesting to people who know me.
My new blog will include topics such as: marriage, communication, relationships, pets, trials, tutorials, crafts, recipes, health, photography, sports, humor... basically all things that help people enjoy life and make them happy.
Anyway, I'll still be updating this every now and then. But follow my other blog too, if you're interested :)
This got me thinking about the definition of healthy and how it relates to our happiness.What comes to your mind when people say the word "health"? Common responses might be:
- eating the right foods like fruits and vegetables
- running, lifting weights & all forms of exercise
- body mass index, fat percentage
- losing weight
- essential vitamins
In general, when people hear the word "healthy," they most likely think of some combination of diet, exercise, and that "ideal" body they are striving for. But in actuality, it means so much more than that.
If you want to continue reading this post, visit my other blog: Life is to be Enjoyed. I started it a few years ago and then it died. But I really like the idea of having a place to write about inspirational topics that might be found by random people instead of just a personal/journal blog that is only semi-interesting to people who know me.
My new blog will include topics such as: marriage, communication, relationships, pets, trials, tutorials, crafts, recipes, health, photography, sports, humor... basically all things that help people enjoy life and make them happy.
Anyway, I'll still be updating this every now and then. But follow my other blog too, if you're interested :)
No comments:
Post a Comment