This year I had a pretty low-key birthday, which was just what I wanted. We've been traveling a lot recently from Ohio to Connecticut, back and forth from Wooster to Newark to Columbus, plus with my traveling for work... I'm pretty worn out so it was really nice just to relax!
I woke up to the smiling face of this cute lumberjack.
He woke up at 6AM with me and while I got ready for work! Then he turned on HALO to make it sound like he was playing video games, but really he was a little elf in the kitchen. He secretly made my ultimate favorite breakfast: Pillsbury cinnamon rolls...
...and my childhood favorite, strawberry cream cheese toaster strudels!! He even wrote Happy BDay with the icing (but it melted fast).

At first, I was excited to share my bday with Martin Luther King, Jr. but unfortunately, I didn't get off work. So I decided to go in extra early so I could get off by 3pm.
My parents came down to celebrate and took us to one of my favorite style of restaurants... a Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse! This time our chef made a "rice" birthday cake for me with an onion-stack candle!! It was so cool. Then he even let me come behind the counter and cook with him for a little bit.


At the end of our meal, a crazy song came on the PA and all the workers came out and sang me happy birthday and gave me fried ice cream with a candle! I was definitely the center of attention. Usually hibachi places are pretty similar, but this time it was definitely a unique experience.
When we got home we just relaxed, visited and of course... opened presents!
Thanks to my in-laws for some cute, warm gloves! Thanks to my parents for a cute bag and a hot water kettle! I've been wanting one for a long time. They're perfect for hot cocoa, making Jell-O, and anything else that needs hot water.
Thanks to Grandma for the nice card & fun money, Thanks to Christopher for some cute furniture, a classic Dr. Seuss book for my collection AND the cutest Coke glass... he knows I love soda :) And Thanks to all my friends and family who sent nice birthday messages on Facebook, my phone, HeyTell, etc. It always feel nice to be remembered... it sure does make me feel extra loved!

As usual, it was a really fun birthday complete with the best people and a tasty angel food cake, strawberries and cool whip.
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about being 23...
At times it seems so young, but then other times I feel so old.
I was sitting next to a girl in church that I thought looked my age. I asked her how old she was and she responded, "18." In my head I was like, "Oh, cool, we're practically the same age." And then I realized no... actually I'm FIVE years older. When she was born, I was in kindergarten. She is still in high school and I'm graduated from college and married. I guess in my head I still feel like I'm 18?
Well anyway, there are some great things about being 23...
like having a grown-up job!
The day after my birthday I got to travel to Las Vegas for a trade show, which was a lot of work but still really fun.
AND a few days after that, I got my first "real" PAYCHECK!
To celebrate we went to Kohl's and I picked out a new "business-like" coat and then we stopped by Blockbuster's "going out of business" sale and found my favorite movie, Life As We Know It AND a new game, Donkey Kong for the Wii! I was super, super excited. It's just as fun as the original!!
Basically... birthdays are great. And I guess 23 isn't so bad either.
I woke up to the smiling face of this cute lumberjack.
He woke up at 6AM with me and while I got ready for work! Then he turned on HALO to make it sound like he was playing video games, but really he was a little elf in the kitchen. He secretly made my ultimate favorite breakfast: Pillsbury cinnamon rolls...
...and my childhood favorite, strawberry cream cheese toaster strudels!! He even wrote Happy BDay with the icing (but it melted fast).
At first, I was excited to share my bday with Martin Luther King, Jr. but unfortunately, I didn't get off work. So I decided to go in extra early so I could get off by 3pm.My parents came down to celebrate and took us to one of my favorite style of restaurants... a Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse! This time our chef made a "rice" birthday cake for me with an onion-stack candle!! It was so cool. Then he even let me come behind the counter and cook with him for a little bit.
At the end of our meal, a crazy song came on the PA and all the workers came out and sang me happy birthday and gave me fried ice cream with a candle! I was definitely the center of attention. Usually hibachi places are pretty similar, but this time it was definitely a unique experience.
When we got home we just relaxed, visited and of course... opened presents!
Thanks to my in-laws for some cute, warm gloves! Thanks to my parents for a cute bag and a hot water kettle! I've been wanting one for a long time. They're perfect for hot cocoa, making Jell-O, and anything else that needs hot water.
Thanks to Grandma for the nice card & fun money, Thanks to Christopher for some cute furniture, a classic Dr. Seuss book for my collection AND the cutest Coke glass... he knows I love soda :) And Thanks to all my friends and family who sent nice birthday messages on Facebook, my phone, HeyTell, etc. It always feel nice to be remembered... it sure does make me feel extra loved!
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about being 23...
At times it seems so young, but then other times I feel so old.
I was sitting next to a girl in church that I thought looked my age. I asked her how old she was and she responded, "18." In my head I was like, "Oh, cool, we're practically the same age." And then I realized no... actually I'm FIVE years older. When she was born, I was in kindergarten. She is still in high school and I'm graduated from college and married. I guess in my head I still feel like I'm 18?
Well anyway, there are some great things about being 23...
like having a grown-up job!
The day after my birthday I got to travel to Las Vegas for a trade show, which was a lot of work but still really fun.
AND a few days after that, I got my first "real" PAYCHECK!To celebrate we went to Kohl's and I picked out a new "business-like" coat and then we stopped by Blockbuster's "going out of business" sale and found my favorite movie, Life As We Know It AND a new game, Donkey Kong for the Wii! I was super, super excited. It's just as fun as the original!!
Basically... birthdays are great. And I guess 23 isn't so bad either.





No comments:
Post a Comment