When I was walking through the DC airport, a reporter pulled me to the side for a quick interview. Of course it's the one day I don't do my hair... haha but oh well.
Watch/read the story here...
It's actually an interesting story about how the government is going to require airlines to be more honest in their advertisements and include fees, taxes, etc. when they offer "specials."
Also... I am now in love with DC! Our hotel was only a few blocks from Capitol Hill so each morning I got to walk by and admire the beauty.
Mostly I was just going to meetings and working the whole time but did have a little free time before my flight left so I wandered around the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and the Archives of the USA. If you have never been... you MUST go to both. In the archives I got to see the original documents of the U.S. constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence. I think it's something every American should see. Plus, FUN FACT - they misspelled Pennsylvania when they signed their names. hahaha, spellcheck?
Also, the Smithsonian was super fun and interesting, plus it's not overwhelming like some museums and I leisurely walked through every exhibit without getting burnt out. I got to see dinosaur fossils, mummies and hold a giant grasshopper. I felt just like a kid again. Maybe it's because there were about 20 field trips wandering around me. Surprisingly though, they weren't annoying. They might have been the cutest kids on the planet. They kept saying, "Wow!" "Cool!" "What's that?" at everything - constantly asking questions with wide eyes, just excited to learn. I didn't know kids like this still existed. I thought all kids today were addicted to playing their Nintendo DS or iPod with infinite learning ADD. I'm very happy to find out that my thoughts were wrong.

This globe was one of my favorite parts... a constant count of the world population. It's fun to stand and watch it, and think that as every number changes, somewhere in the world, a baby is being born... over SEVEN BILLION people. That's a lot... but when you think about how our nation's debt is in the trillions, it puts it in perspective.
And lastly...the Harry Winston gallery.
O-M-G.
They have 47-Karat diamonds in there. FOURTY-SEVEN!!! Crazy beautiful.
Watch/read the story here...
It's actually an interesting story about how the government is going to require airlines to be more honest in their advertisements and include fees, taxes, etc. when they offer "specials."
Also... I am now in love with DC! Our hotel was only a few blocks from Capitol Hill so each morning I got to walk by and admire the beauty.
Mostly I was just going to meetings and working the whole time but did have a little free time before my flight left so I wandered around the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and the Archives of the USA. If you have never been... you MUST go to both. In the archives I got to see the original documents of the U.S. constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence. I think it's something every American should see. Plus, FUN FACT - they misspelled Pennsylvania when they signed their names. hahaha, spellcheck?
Also, the Smithsonian was super fun and interesting, plus it's not overwhelming like some museums and I leisurely walked through every exhibit without getting burnt out. I got to see dinosaur fossils, mummies and hold a giant grasshopper. I felt just like a kid again. Maybe it's because there were about 20 field trips wandering around me. Surprisingly though, they weren't annoying. They might have been the cutest kids on the planet. They kept saying, "Wow!" "Cool!" "What's that?" at everything - constantly asking questions with wide eyes, just excited to learn. I didn't know kids like this still existed. I thought all kids today were addicted to playing their Nintendo DS or iPod with infinite learning ADD. I'm very happy to find out that my thoughts were wrong.
This globe was one of my favorite parts... a constant count of the world population. It's fun to stand and watch it, and think that as every number changes, somewhere in the world, a baby is being born... over SEVEN BILLION people. That's a lot... but when you think about how our nation's debt is in the trillions, it puts it in perspective.
And lastly...the Harry Winston gallery.
O-M-G.
They have 47-Karat diamonds in there. FOURTY-SEVEN!!! Crazy beautiful.
Well, anyway... did I mention that I love DC? New favorite city.

DC is SOOOO Awesome right?! I am so in love with that city! I need to go back and visit! P.S. you are adorable in your interview!
ReplyDelete