Sunday, January 1, 2012

Glimpse of Our 2011

I know this New Year's post-style may be a little cliche...but I have to jump on the bandwagon.

We have had quite an exciting year filled with fun adventures like a Caribbean cruise, Couch Surfing through Europe for 5 months, and visiting our families in Ohio and Connecticut.

We've also had some great milestones like graduating from Utah State University, attending Christopher's brother's wedding, and celebrating our 3-year anniversary.

Some big changes have been selling a majority of our things and moving to Ohio, adapting to a new and different environment in Belgium, gaining 10 pounds, losing 15 pounds, and landing my first grown-up, salary job.

It's been a crazy year full of happiness, laughter, challenges, disappointments, arguments, compromises, and of course, gratitude and love.

Here's to the best of 2011. May we always remember what a great year this was!


Best Meal
Natalie: Cane's Chicken Fingers
Christopher: Rosti (traditional meal in Switzerland)


Funniest YouTube Video
Natalie: Super Bass by Sophia Grace Brownlee
Christopher: Jimmy Kimmel I Gave My Kids a Terrible Present


Most Frequently Played Song

Natalie: House That Built Me, Miranda Lambert
Christopher: Love the Way You Lie, Eminem & Rihanna 




Tastiest Dessert
Natalie: Cake Pops
Christopher: Fresh Pastries in Ancona, Italy


Most Exciting Sports Moment
Natalie: Ohio State football beating Wisconsin in the last 30 seconds
Christopher: Utah State making it to a bowl game



Favorite Vacation Spot
Natalie: Santorini, Greece
Christopher: Cinque Terre, Italy
 

Biggest Challenge
Natalie: Taking Stats 110 Independent Study Online
Christopher: Studying and taking the MCAT



Biggest Accomplishment
Natalie: Winning Richter7's PR Student of the Year Award
Christopher: Graduating from Utah State University


Best TV Show
Natalie: How I Met Your Mother
Christopher: Big Bang Theory 



Most Exciting Surprise
Natalie: Getting Fiestaware dishes for Christmas
Christopher: Getting a new XBOX360 for his birthday



Favorite Movie
Natalie: Just Go With It
Christopher: In Time
 

Best Memory
Natalie: Swimming with dolphins in Jamaica
Christopher: Eating Spaghetti Eis in Germany with Oma


Looking back, the positive things of 2011 definitely outweigh the negative and we feel pretty lucky to have had so many great experiences.

I know 2012 will be a lot different for us, but I think change is healthy and I'm excited for our new grown-up life. Since this annual review is now complete... I think it's time for some resolution list-making! I can almost hear Christopher's sigh now - he knows just how much I love making lists :)

...Happy New Year!!


1 comment:

  1. You're so awesome. Justin and I want to follow in your adventurous footsteps:) I'm thinking we should go on one, us four. We really want to do like Moab, or the Grand Canyon??? Let's plan.

    ReplyDelete