Sunday, January 15, 2012

Good Eats

We have enjoyed some DELICIOUS food recently. I'm not sure what's gotten into us, but our Macaroni & Cheese, Grilled Cheese, Little Caesar's Pizza norms have transformed into more sophisticated meals.

One night, we got out our electric fondue set and enjoyed some oil-fried beef, chicken and shrimp; with a side of fresh Boudin bread (I brought back from San Francisco) dipped in Chris's homemade cheese recipe! It was so tasty. I can't believe that after 3.5 years of marriage we never used our fondue set! I have a feeling this is going to be a frequent dinner for us - especially since the prep time was super quick!


With the leftover Boudin bread, we made some delicious sour dough bread bowls with clam chowder. We had a great flashback to Fisherman's Wharf where we ate on the pier the night before my marathon in 2010.


With our leftovers from fondue night, we were able to take the extra cheese, chicken and shrimp and mix it together for a super tasty Alfredo pasta. Christopher even said, "this is the best pasta I've ever had in my life."  All I did was mix the fondue cheese with a little Alfredo sauce, some butter, garlic and salt. Then we added the chicken and shrimp that had been fried in the fondue oil, and some broccoli florets. I'll admit, it was pretty amazing. 


And for those nights when we don't feel like gourmet cooking, we found the cutest local Mexican restaurant called Paco's Tacos. They have giant burritos, rice bowls, tacos, and the best service we've ever had. They were super attentive and concerned about us the whole time. Christopher even left them a tip AND cleaned the table...(they don't have waiters there, it's more like fast food) - so for him to leave a tip is a HUGE deal. In fact, I don't think he has ever left a tip unless we had a server. So basically that shows just how much he loved it! We will definitely be frequenting this place often.



Food, food, food. That reminds me...I need to start trying my Pinterest recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment