Monday, November 1, 2010

Additional fall festivities

I couldn't elongate my last post...it needed to have its own space :) So here's a few other fun things as of lately:

I ran the Valley of Fire to Las Vegas Ragnar Relay. 195 miles of desert, a few palms trees, glow worms in the dark, lots of granola bars and my new favorite medal: Saints & Sinners (because I ran the Ragnar in both Utah & Vegas). Christopher was the best cheerleader & photographer ever. He even paced me at night when my leg of the relay was 5 miles in the dark.













I am now retired from running for awhile. After 2 Ragnars, a few 5Ks and a marathon, I'm looking forward to yoga, pilates, the swimming pool and an elliptical machine. My body is grateful for this transition.

I finally fulfilled my dream of attending the Paint Dance. I missed it freshman year, they ran out of paint my sophomore year, they canceled it my junior year and finally for my senior year I enjoyed getting drenched in neon paint. We only stayed for about 45 minutes...but it fulfilled all my expectations :)



Highlight of my athletic career: Winning the Homecoming Powderpuff Championship. All throughout middle school, high school and even intramural college sports...I have always been on the team that was either 2nd best, or just lost. I kept on playing, because I love sports and I'm naturally athletic- not an MVP... but consistently athletic. Sadly, I didn't really know what it felt like to win a championship- but it definitely was a lot more fun than losing! My shining moment was in the last few seconds of the game when the other team's running back was breaking for a touchdown and I pulled her flag just before the endzone as time expired. There's a video of our win below...unfortunately you can't really tell it's me who pulls her flag- but I know I did so that's all that matters :) The rest of the game I was a blocker and played safety so I didn't score any touchdowns- but we had an amazing quarterback and an awesome wide receiver. I was so proud of my team!! I will never forget it.


We also enjoyed picking out a pumpkin and instead of painting or carving, we decided to make a "Mr. Pumpkin Head." We got this idea from Toy Story 3...if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch that movie!! I laughed at one part for literally 5 minutes and could barely breathe. hahaha, oh my goodness I love it. We also made delicious caramel apples...












And last, but not least...The Howl. We spent time hula hooping, bobbing for apples and attending a concert for the Higher and We the Kings. It was a blast! It was SUPER crowded and at times I could not breathe because I was so squished, but the music was amazing and Christopher enjoyed some mosh pitting and crowd surfing. Unfortunately I could not bring my parachute into the dance...but we still had fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment