I always wonder why famous people are so intriguing. Athletes, models, singers, actors, I mean... they're just regular people, who have jobs, families, shopping lists- they just happen to be well-known. But like many other people, I get excited when I see famous people, EXTRA excited if I get my picture taken with them and even more excited if they actually talk to me or call me by name. I thought about this a lot lately since meeting Kirby Heyborne and going to Lady Antebellum's concert.
We saw Kirby at the Logan Art House & Cinema and he was AMAZING. I've been to quite a few comedians and I can honestly say, none of them are funnier than Kirby. He also has a very soothing voice and is a great guitar player. The best thing about him though, is how he relates all his songs to experiences. He makes them all more meaningful, which makes me like them even more. My favorite song from his concert is called "Good Morning Love." It was a song he wrote for his wife about the moments when they first wake up in the morning and lay in bed together before the day starts. It was so sweet. Then of course, the highlight of the concert was when I held my sign. It was my sister-in-law, Keasha's birthday. When he saw the sign, he spontaneously broke into song... a personalized, impromptu song... it was so funny. Kirby definitely made this concert a special night. Oh, and he told me I was like a sparkler, that didn't hurt your fingers. (Side note: also funny because I recently got the nickname Sparky at work, haha) As for Lady Antebellum, it was held at the Rail Center in Salt Lake and I've never been that close to a band I loved SO much. I seriously got chills when they came out on stage and started singing "I run to you." Their voices were SO fabulous. I listened to the CD afterward, and it didn't even compare. That's when you know a band is talented. It was extra fun because I went with my friend Jerica. It was my favorite concert ever in my life...so far. 1) We were 3rd row 2) I got a guitar pick from David, the main guitarist in the band and 3) I touched Charles, the lead singer! But mostly, I just loved the music and how I knew every song and could sing along.
So while I'm on the topic of music, I have a new genre I'm getting into: Folk and Americana. I started listening to it because we are working on a marketing/PR campaign for a singer, Sarah Sample. She has an awesome voice and plays the guitar too. It was fun to meet her, get to know her and now we are working on promoting her music. My favorite song she sings is: "Everytime I go." Check it out :)
But anyways, back to my original thought... despite the fact that I tell myself, famous people are just regular people... I still idolize them. Sometimes, when funny or strange things happen in my life, I think about what it would be like if I had my own reality TV show, and what the episodes would be like. haha maybe deep down I just want my life to be interesting? Who knows. But even though sometimes I wish I were famous, most days I'm happy to just be me :)
Wow! She is great :) I love it! Any tour dates planned for Ohio? ;)
ReplyDelete