Thursday, November 18, 2010

Too Excited for Homework

Recent Purchase:
2 one-way tickets to Cleveland, Ohio
2 one-way tickets to New York City

It's around this time of year that I get too excited to do homework. This is because the holidays are approaching which also means... I get to go home to see my family!!! Sometimes I get so excited I cannot even sit down. I have to stand or jump up and down or dance to some music like "I'll be home for Christmas."

Then after I get my physical excitement out (instead of doing homework) I start making lists of all the things I want to do with my family, all the friends I want to see... then I start thinking about which clothes and shoes to bring along, because 1 large suitcase and 2 carry-ons is not enough space for cognac boots, black boots AND Ugg boots.

Then I start thinking about what I want to buy people for Christmas, and how I wish I had a million dollars so I could buy every single one of my 12 siblings, 4 sibling-in-laws, parents, in-laws, grandparents, grandparent in-laws and 45 nieces and nephews exactly what they want for Christmas. Then I get the urge to make cookies and call and talk to my sister to let her know... I'm coming home on December 15th!!

And then out of the corner of my eye I see another list, oh yes, a full-page list of all of the projects, papers, tests and presentations that I must finish BEFORE I get to go home. Then I realize I should probably start on that list instead. But on Dec. 15 at 11:30am, as soon as my Media Law final is finished, Ohio, home sweet home, here I come!! Then off to Connecticut, my 2nd home :)

But until then... I must do a better job at dedicating my time to school, school, school. Because after all, in 4 weeks + 1 semester I will never be in school again.

1 comment:

  1. how fun!! I feel like that about going home to Colorado for Christmas. And 45 nieces and nephews!! Wow. I have 19 and thought that was a lot :)

    ReplyDelete