Friday, December 10, 2010

My Harddrive is Full!


Since I just took my last Final of the semester, I felt like doing a recap because my brain is SO full right now. I crammed A TON... which means I most likely will not remember this information much longer so here it goes:




Science & Modern Technology
  • There are a lot of cool inventions being developed right now, like really accurate self-driving cars for consumers, web cams that evaluate your vital signs when you stand in front of a mirror and 3-D printers that create all kinds of things!
  • I am not a Twixter... but I know a lot of people that are
  • Organic food is BOGUS


Media Law

  • I understand terminology such as plaintiff, voir dire, libelous per quod, amicus brief and per curiam
  • I could tell you the effects from 39 cases and explain 15 aspects of media law such as libel, privacy torts, FOIA exemptions, GRAMA classifications and different doctrines
  • Ask me the names of the 9 Supreme Court justices. I'll probably recite their names in my sleep for next few nights
Evaluation in Physical Education (Stats)
  • Calculating descriptive statistics is sometimes enjoyable, especially using SPSS
  • I actually understand validity, reliability & objectivity and their impact on tests and correlations
  • I'm really glad most of my teachers grad on criterion and not the normal curve
Marketing Institutions
  • I feel well positioned for my future career and think I can make a contribution to my field
  • PR/Marketing campaign presentations are better when they have a narrow focus vs. broad and generalized, even if you can't include everything you want to
  • One format for a resume is to have a "Performance Highlights" section and a "Career Track" section, this works really well for mine.
Promotions Management
  • Market research is critical before launching a new campaign
  • Humor, fear, guilt and sex appeal are all techniques for advertising
  • Couponing attracts customers and increases sales, however most customers aren't loyal after the promotion... so true, because I'm totally that way!

This was a lot harder than I thought to just come up with things on the spot. I know I learned WAY more than this and all my professors were fantastic. A lot of the concepts taught in my classes tied together, which helped me understand things in a variety of ways. These were my last and final "real" college classes. Next semester I have one online stats class and the rest is internship credit- real world stuff + working at Harris Research as much as possible.

It's hard to believe I will never have a real class again. I'll never buy my new first day of school outfit. I'll never pick out my school supplies. I'll never get to pick out my classes, plan out my schedule, make new study buddies... This is sad. My husband calls me a nerd because I've always loved school, but it's true. I love learning and even though that continues throughout life, it will never be the same again. No more first day of school butterflies and scanning the room for friends or people I know...School, as I know it, is over.

But enough with the sad- life is exciting!! I can't wait to start the next chapter of my life with internships, a real job and moving to a new place. And I'm sure helping Chris study for next 5-7 years will be plenty enough school to keep me from going through withdrawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment