Since Memorial Day is approaching, I feel even more grateful for the beauty of America because of the men and women who sacrificed their lives for me to live in this nation. My freedom, liberty and right to the pursuit of happiness have instilled in me a new goal. Everywhere I go, I want to take advantage of as many National Park locations as I can. I want learn more about America, I want to see all that our nation has to offer. I have the desire to explore both well-known and hidden wonders.
I dedicate the 2010-2011 year to visiting and capturing the beauty of the United States of America...from sea to shining sea.
Places I would love to go: (many of them have "National Park" after the name & ones with a star I have been to when I was younger, but I want to go again)

UTAH
- Arches
- Zion
- Canyonlands
- Dinosaur
- Lake Powell

CALIFORNIA
- Alcatraz Island
- San Francisco Maritime
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Fort Point
- Channel Islands
- Kings Canyon

NEVADA
- Lake Mead
- Great Basin
- Death Valley
- Red Rocks

ARIZONA
- Grand Canyon*
- Havasupai
- Montezuma Castle
- Navajo Monument
- Sunset Crater Volcano

COLORADO
- Black Canyon
- Mesa Verde
- Rocky Mountain Park
- Colorado Monument

NEW MEXICO
- Aztec Ruins
- White Sands Monument
- El Mapais Monument
- Four Corners

MONTANA
- Bighorn Canyon
- Glacier Park
- Lewis & Clark Trail

WYOMING
- Yellowstone
- Grand Teton

CONNECTICUT
Appalachian Trail
- Cape Cod Seashore*
- Boston Harbor Islands
- Wild & Scenic River

MICHIGAN
- Pictured Rocks Lakeshore

OHIO
- Put N' Bay*
- National Aviation Heritage
- Hopewell Culture

PENNSYLVANIA
- Gettysburg*
- Valley Forge*

NEW YORK
- Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty
- Gateway Recreation
- Niagara Falls*

MARYLAND
- Antietam*
- Star Spangled Banner Trail
- Washington DC Memorials*

TENNESSEE
- Big South Fork River
- Great Smoky Mountains

ILLINOIS
- Trail of Tears
- Nauvoo*

INDIANA
- Indiana Dunes Lakeshore

WISCONSIN
- Apostle Islands
- Ice Age Scenic Trail
...ok. Maybe it will take me more than a year. But I just get so excited when I think of all the amazing places America has to offer! (If you have been to any of these places, or have other places you would recommend, please share!)
& Oh, America- you really are beautiful.

cool! isn't it amazing to think that all these places are right here in our own country and we don't even know about them?? this was so inspiring.... i totally want to do the same thing.
ReplyDeletebut... maybe just a couple this year :)
maybe we should double up our trip sometime and go together. i would love that!
love you!
moni
PS. you're beautiful
ReplyDeleteyou will LOVE whitesands! it is so amazingly beautiful. definitely remember to bring some long pieces of cardboard to sled down the dunes - super fun!
ReplyDeleteand gettysburg is phenominal. i've been there at least 2-3 times and still love it and learn more each time.
since you two are going to a lot of nation parks, there's this national park "passport" type book that you can take with you to the different parks and stamp where you've been, etc. i love mine! here's a link to what it is:
http://www.eparks.com/store/product/22515/%2APassport-To-Your-National-Parks%2A/