I just realized something kinda cool. I was born on January 16th-- a day before Muhammad Ali and a day after Martin Luther King, Jr. I found this out while looking for inspirational quotes. While reading the words of these great men, I felt inspired. I feel stronger, happier and more determined to achieve my goals.
I'll share my top 4 favorites.

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Being kind to people who are mean to me is something I've always strived to do. I realized that having enemies really only hurts me and affects my happiness. I make myself do nice things for people who are cruel & selfish, and I try to get to know the people I'm jealous of or don't like. I've even gained a few close friends this way :)
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
...self explanatory and beautiful.
"I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
- Muhammad Ali
This helps me when I think about training for the San Francisco Marathon. I've always wanted to run one and I never thought I'd be able to. So even though I may suffer through LONG runs, tired muscles, painful body parts and exhaustion...when I cross the finish-line of that marathon I will feel like a champion forever!
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
-Muhammad Ali
Sometimes I let fear get the best of me, but I want to be able to look myself in the mirror, have no regrets and know I lived my life to the fullest.
I think we are all destined for greatness, but sometimes our minds focus on negative thoughts or failure. If everyone truly comprehended their potential, this world would be a very different place.
I LOVE this! You are amazing Natalie and you will be able to do whatever you want because you are already great!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Wow... this gave me goosebumps :) You are amazing my sister... i have always known it, and it will always be true. i love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a deep thinker ... I'm in awe of your intelligence, who you have always been and who you are becoming. I love you!
ReplyDelete